- In broad, even strokes, apply a thin layer of any base coat you like.
- Use a thin art-store brush to apply your first chevron shape. Choose a nude polish to serve as an outline for your other stripes. If you mess-up the line, a nude shade will be easier to fix than a brighter color.
- Paint on adjacent stripes with your various colors. It might look a little splotchy and uneven at this stage, but don't worry about those details yet you're just priming the design!.
- make the stripes point in opposite directions on each hand.
- Paint the last two colors on the cuticle and raw edge of the nail. don't worry about minor mistakes, you'll clean those up later.
- Go over your stripes again, taking care to create an even opaque line.
- Clean up excess polish on the sides of your nails and make any final touches.
- Since the stripes are so close together, give your nails an extra 15 minutes of drying time before applying the top coat, otherwise the colors will bleed.
How to do a Missoni-inspired Manicure
Labels: Decorate nails